1775 Highway 180 E
Silver City, NM 88061
Rental Terms and Conditions
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CONTAIN A BINDING ARBITRATION CLAUSE AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER THAT IMPACT YOUR RIGHTS ABOUT HOW TO RESOLVE DISPUTES. PLEASE READ THIS PROVISION CAREFULLY.
1. The Rental Agreement. These Rental Terms and Conditions, the rental document you receive when you are given access to the car you are renting (the "Rental Contract") any additional agreement signed by you, any documents or agreements (or links to on-line documents or agreements) sent to you electronically in connection with your rental), the Privacy Notice, and the return receipt or record (the "Rental Receipt") with computed rental charges together constitute the "Rental Agreement" between yourself and Silver Rental.
2. Your Rental. You are renting from Silver Rental the car described on the Rental Contract, which rental is solely a transfer of possession and not of ownership. You agree to the terms in the Rental Agreement provided any such term is not prohibited by the law of a jurisdiction covering this rental, in which case such law controls. “You” and “your” refer to the person who signs this agreement, “we”, “our” and “us” refer to Silver Rental. You also agree that you are not our agent for any purpose; and that you cannot assign, delegate or transfer your obligations under the Rental Agreement and any discrete part thereof.
3. Changes. Any change in the Rental Agreement or our rights must be in writing and signed by an authorized Silver Rental representative. You further agree that we have the unilateral right to change these Terms and Conditions from time to time either upon written notice to you, in paper or electronic form, or upon our posting such changes on the Silver Rental web site. Such changes will apply to rentals that you reserve after such notice has been given, as indicated by the date of such notice, if sent in written form, or the date such changes are posted on the Silver Rental web site, which date will be indicated therein, without any requirement by you to sign the changed Terms and Conditions. Changes to these Terms and Conditions will be posted as they occur on the Silver Rental web site and will govern all rentals commencing after posting even if the terms provided at time of reserving the rental car are different.
4. Meaning of Car. The word “car” in the Rental Agreement means the vehicle rented to you or its replacement and includes tires, tools, keys, key fobs, equipment, included and optional accessories, plates, documents, and any other products or property provided by Silver Rental with the vehicle and separately rented to you by Silver Rental unless otherwise explicitly specified in the Rental Agreement.
5. Who May Drive the Car. Any permitted driver must be listed on the rental agreement as a driver representing to Silver Rental that you are a capable and validly licensed driver and will remain a capable and validly licensed driver throughout the term of your rental. You agree that we have the right to verify that your license has been validly issued and is in good standing (not suspended, revoked or otherwise restricted in any way) as a condition precedent to each rental; and that we may in our sole discretion refuse to rent to you if your license is not in good standing. We reserve the right to deny rentals based upon (i) information about your license status, (ii) authenticity of your driver's license or other credentials, (iii) the inability to verify your identity or payment methods, (iv) your driving record provided by the Motor Vehicle Department of the jurisdiction that issued your license, or (v) any other information received from any other source in the business of validating an identity or the driver's license credential that we believe to be reliable. We reserve the right to validate your driving credentials and license good standing periodically without notice to you except as required by law. Any Permitted Driver must be at least 21 years old and any driver under the age of 25 is subject to the young driver fee. Any permitted driver must also be a capable and validly licensed driver at all times during which such person is operating the car. Any person other than you or a Permitted Driver that operates the car must sign an additional driver form at the time of the rental. We may charge for each additional driver authorized to drive the car, which will be specified on the Rental Contract. You acknowledge that you will remain financially responsible under the Rental Agreement at all times even if the car is operated by a Permitted Driver or someone other than yourself.
6. Return of the Car. You agree to return the car to us in the same condition you received it, ordinary wear and tear excepted, on the date, at the time and to the location specified in the Rental Contract. You must return it sooner on our demand. If you return it earlier or later, a different or higher rental rate may apply and, if returned later, you may also be charged a late return fee. You may not return the car outside of the return location's operating hours. If you do, your responsibility for damage to or loss of the car will continue and all charges stated on the Rental Contract as a periodic rate will continue to accrue until the return location reopens and we process the return of the car. If we do not find the car when the location opens, your responsibility for all charges and for damage to or loss of the car will continue until the car is actually returned or recovered. If you wish to extend any rental you must contact us at 1-575-574-2350 or use a method we approve to request the extension before your return date. We may or may not grant an extension or decline to grant it for the entire period you request, in our sole discretion. If you do not return the car to the location specified in the Rental Agreement, as and when required under the Rental Agreement, you may be subject to criminal penalties. If we do grant an extension a different or higher rate may be applied to the extension period and a service fee may also apply.
7. Where You’ll Return the Car. The car must be returned to the agreed return location as specified on the Rental Contract. If the return is made to a location other than the location where your rental commences, you will have to pay a one way service fee. If you return the car to a different location from the agreed return location without our permission, you agree to pay an unauthorized return location fee specified by us.
8. Rental Charges. You will pay for the number of miles/kilometers you drive and the period of time you rent the car at the rate indicated on the Rental Contract, or your applicable corporate rate. Unless otherwise indicated on the Rental Contract, the minimum charge is one day (24 hours), unless “calendar day” is indicated on the Rental Contract, plus mileage/kilometerage, or a fixed fee. We will determine the miles/kilometers by reading the factory-installed odometer or utilize the vehicle's telematics device. The daily charge applies to consecutive 24 hour periods starting at the hour and minute the rental begins or, if a calendar day is specified on the Rental Contract, each consecutive calendar day or any part of a calendar day starting on the calendar day on which the rental occurs. If you fail to comply with any conditions for special rates specified on the Rental Contract our otherwise applicable rates will be charged. You’ll pay all charges that apply to the rental for miscellaneous services and, where permitted, airport facility fees and/or concession recovery fees, vehicle license recovery fees, other fees and surcharges.
a) You will also pay a reasonable fee for cleaning the car’s interior or exterior upon return if any excessive trash, mud, carpet & upholstery stains, dirt, odors, pet hair or soiling attributable to your use cannot be cleaned with our standard post-rental procedures as determined by us in our sole discretion.
b) If the key(s) or key fob(s) are not returned with the car, you will be charged an additional replacement key fee.
c) We maintain a non-smokingfleet, including a prohibition on the use of cigarettes, e-cigarettes, vaping, etc. in the car. You acknowledge & agree that if you return the car and it smells or is soiled from smoke or e-cigarette vapor you forfeit your entire deposit.
d) You and any third party to whom any rental charges are billed, such as an insurer or employer, are jointly and severally responsible for payment of all such charges. If you direct us to bill any such charges to a third party, you represent that you are authorized to do so on behalf of the third party.
e) Silver Rental makes every effort to ensure that all prices and descriptions quoted on its website or elsewhere are correct and accurate. However, in the case of a manifest error or omission, Silver Rental reserves the right to rescind the Rental Agreement, even if we have already accepted your reservation and/or received your payment. Our liability in that event will be limited to the return of any money that you have paid with respect to the reservation. In the case of a manifest error in which we permit you to keep your reservation, we reserve the right to require that you pay the difference between the quoted price and the correct price, as confirmed in writing by Silver Rental after the manifest error has been discovered.
9. Taxes, Surcharges & Fees. You’ll also pay all applicable taxes as well as any additional charges provided on the Rental Agreement which are over and above the base rental rate. These may be surcharges and/or recovery fees to recover certain costs.
10. Card Reserve. It is at Silver Rental’s sole discretion what form of payment and payment terms will be extended to customers as payment for rental: credit card, debit card (with PIN number prompted and entered by customer), charge account, etc. You acknowledge that you have been informed that if you use a charge card (including any digital wallet or mobile payment application linked to your charge card account), your credit, up to an amount of the estimated total charges due under the Rental Agreement, as indicated on the Rental Contract, based on your representations about this rental, may be set aside or reserved by the card issuer of the card, which you present for payment of your rental charges; or, if you use a debit card funds in the account to which that card is linked may be set aside for the greater of the amount of the estimated total charges due, to include any deposits, under the Rental Agreement, based on your representations about this rental, as indicated on the Rental Contract, or the deposit amount indicated on signs at the location at which you rent the car at the time of rental. You consent to the reservation or setting aside of that estimated total amount at the time of commencement of the rental. You understand that we will authorize the release of any excess reserve or set aside upon the completion of your rental (return of the car and our determination of whether any additional fees or charges apply), and that your card issuer’s rules apply to your credit line or your account being credited for such excess and may not be immediately released by your card issuer.
11. Repossessing the Car. We can repossess the car at any time in our sole discretion for reasons that include, but are not limited to the following: the car is found illegally parked, being used to violate the law or the terms of the Rental Agreement, or appears to be abandoned. You agree that we need NOT notify you in advance and that we may take any actions reasonably necessary to obtain possession of the car, including remotely disabling the engine, remotely locking the doors, tracking the location of the car through GPS tracking devices and utilizing for our benefit any other devices connected to the car or affecting the car's operation. If the car is repossessed, you agree to pay or reimburse us for the actual and reasonable costs incurred by us to repossess the car. You agree that such costs will be charged to the credit or debit card or account you used to rent the car.
12. Renters Collision Protection (RCP). Renters Collision Protection is not insurance and is not mandatory. If you accept RCP by your initials on the Rental Contract at the additional daily rate, for each full or partial day that the car is rented to you, and the car is operated in accordance with this agreement, and if the car is damaged due to a covered loss (listed below) while in renter’s possession, it will cover the loss up to the maximum amount of $20,000 with a $250 deductible. This RCP benefit is primary to other forms of insurance or indemnity with EXCLUSIONS described below and in paragraph 14. The RCP does NOT cover any loss for damaged, lost and/or stolen keys or remote entry devices, towing or tire services unless related to an accident, or recovery of the car if stolen. If you do not accept RCP, you will owe for all loss and/or damages to the car. Loss and damage are described in paragraph 13 below. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOU HAVE BEEN ADVISED THAT YOUR OWN INSURANCE MAY COVER LOSS OR DAMAGE TO THE CAR. You also acknowledge if you purchase RCP the maximum benefit for a covered loss is $20,000 and a $250 deductible will apply, that you (the renter) will be responsible for paying.
This is only a brief description of the benefits available under the Agreement. The Agreement contains reductions, limitations, exclusions, and termination provisions. Full details of the benefits are contained in the Agreement. If there are any conflicts between this document and the Agreement, the Policy shall govern. Available in all 50 United States DEFINITIONS Diminished Value means the actual or perceived reduction in market or resale value that results from a loss.
Renter means a person who: A. Is a member of an eligible class of persons as described in the Classification of Eligible Persons section of the Participating Organization Application B. Completes any required enrollment form, C. For whom remuneration has been paid, and D. While covered under this Agreement. Rental Return Date means the return date listed on the car rental agreement. Additional renter means persons who are authorized drivers and listed on the car rental agreement. Rental period means a period of travel; the Rental period has defined departure and return dates specified when the benefit applies; the Rental period does not exceed 30 days. Participating Organization means an organization: A. Which elects to offer this benefit under the Agreement by completing Participation Organization Application that has been accepted by the Company. B. Which remits the required remuneration when due, and C. While benefits through the Participating Organization is available under the Agreement. EFFECTIVE DATE Benefits will take effect on the date the rental agreement has been signed (Rental Start Date) provided the required remuneration has been paid on (or before) the rental agreement has been signed. TERMINATION DATE A Renter’s coverage will end when the car is returned on or before the Rental Return Date or at 11:59 PM on the Rental Return Date. If the car is not returned as specified on the rental agreement and the rental period has not been extended by the Renter.
The RCP Company will pay this benefit up to a maximum of $20,000 subject to a $250 deductible. Benefits do not apply in states where the sales of this Agreement is prohibited by law. If the Renter rents a car from the Participating Organization and the car is damaged due to collision, vandalism, windstorm, fire, hail or flood while in his/her possession, The Company will indemnify the Renter for damages sustained by the Participating Organization in accordance with the Participating Organization Addendum. Coverage is provided to the Renter and the Additional Renter providing the Renter and the Additional Renter are licensed drivers and are listed on the rental agreement. This benefit is primary to other forms of insurance or indemnity.
RCP EXCLUSIONS: Coverage is not provided, in whole or in part, for any loss due to: 1. War or act of war, whether declared or not, civil commotion, insurrection or riot. 2. Participation in contests of speed, motor sport, or motor racing including training or practice for the same. 3. Any unlawful acts committed by the Renter, Immediate Family Member, or Additional Renter whether benefits are provided or not. 4. Suicide, attempted suicide, or intentionally self-inflicted injury (or any attempt at intentionally self-inflicted injury) by the Renter, Immediate Family Member, Additional Renter or Business Partner. 5. Military duty or service. 6. Alcohol or substance abuse (or treatment for the same). 7. A rental for which the rental agreement does not contain specific dates of return. 8. Any government regulation or prohibition. 9. Injury sustained while committing or attempting to commit a crime. 10. Driving under the influence of alcohol. 11. Being under the influence of drugs or intoxicants (unless prescribed by a physician). 12. Any obligation the Renter or Additional Renter assumes under any agreement. 13. Rentals of campers, trailers, all-terrain vehicles, dune buggies, motor bikes, motorcycles, recreational vehicles, exotic vehicles, trucks requiring a CDL license to operate, or vehicles not licensed for road use. 14. Any loss which occurs if the Renter or Additional renter is in violation of the rental agreement. 15. Failure to report the loss to the proper local authorities and the rental car company. 16. Damage to any other vehicle, structure or person as a result of a covered loss. 17. Injury of anyone or damage to anything inside or outside the rental vehicle. 18. Loss or theft of personal belongings. 19. Depreciation of the rental vehicle caused by loss or damage including (but not limited to) diminished value, wear and tear, gradual deterioration, mechanical breakdown, items not installed by the original manufacturer or bodily injury.
IN THE EVENT OF LOSS: The Renter must: 1. Take all reasonable, necessary steps to protect the vehicle and prevent further damage to it. 2. Report the loss to the appropriate local authorities and the rental company as soon as possible. 3. Obtain all information on any other party involved in an accident such as name, address, insurance information, and driver’s license number. 4. Provide the Company all documentation such as the rental agreement, police report and damage estimate. PAYMENT OF CLAIMS Claim Procedures: Notice of Claim: 1) The Renter must call Silver Rental at 575-574-2350 as soon as reasonably possible and inform of a loss under the Renters Collision Protection. Renter must supply the police incident or accident report to the corporate office and must fill out and sign any claim forms needed for the RCP claim. Concealment or Fraud-The Company does not provide coverage for the Renter if the Renter has intentionally concealed or misrepresented any material fact (or circumstance) relating to the rental agreement or claim. Legal Actions-No one may sue for benefits less than 60 days after due proof of loss is submitted nor more than 3 years (or the minimum period of time permitted by state law, if greater) after the date claim forms are due. Payment-Benefits under the Agreement are not effective unless all payments due have been paid prior to signing the rental agreement. Termination of the Policy-Termination of the Agreement will not affect a claim for loss which occurs while the Agreement is in force. Transfer of Agreement-Benefits under the Agreement cannot be transferred by the renter to anyone else.
13. Damage to/Loss of the Car. If you do not accept the Renters Collision Protection (RCP), or if the car is lost, stolen or damaged as a direct or indirect result of a violation of paragraph 14, or if you do accept RCP, but have a loss that is not covered by RCP, you are responsible for and will pay us for all loss of or damage to the car regardless of cause, or who, or what caused it. If the car is damaged, you will pay our estimated repair cost, or if, in our sole discretion, we determine to sell the car in its damaged condition, you will pay the difference between the car’s retail fair market value before it was damaged and the sale proceeds. Where permitted by law, you authorize us to charge you for the actual cost of repair or replacement of lost or damaged items such as glass, mirrors, tires, and antenna, as part of your rental charges at the time of return. If the car is stolen and not recovered, you will pay us the car’s fair market value before it was stolen. As part of our loss, you’ll also pay for loss of use of the car, without regard to our fleet utilization, plus an administrative fee, plus towing and storage charges, if any (“Incidental Loss”). If your responsibility is covered by any insurance, credit card benefit, travel insurance or such other insurance or benefits, you authorize us to contact the benefit provider directly on your behalf and you assign all of your benefits directly to us to recover all consequential and incidental damages, including but not limited to the repairs of the car plus diminished value or the fair market retail value of the car (less salvage value plus costs incurred in the salvage-sale), and all Incidental Loss and administrative fees. If we collect our loss from a third party after we have collected our loss from you, we will refund the difference, if any, between what you paid us and what we collected from the third party. You understand that you are not authorized to repair or have the car repaired without our express prior written consent. If you repair or have the car repaired without our consent, you will pay the estimated cost to restore the car to the condition it was in prior to your rental.
14. Prohibited Use of the Car. Certain uses of the car and other actions you or a driver may take, or fail to take, will violate the Rental Agreement. A VIOLATION OF THIS PARAGRAPH, WILL AUTOMATICALLY TERMINATE YOUR RENTAL AND IS AN EXCLUSION TO AND VOIDS ALL LIABILITY PROTECTION AND ANY OPTIONAL SERVICES THAT YOU HAVE ACCEPTED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO SUPPLEMENTAL LIABILITY INSURANCE, PERSONAL ACCIDENT INSURANCE, PERSONAL EFFECTS INSURANCE, ANY ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE PLAN, EMERGENCY SICKNESS PROTECTION AND COLLISION DAMAGE WAIVER (CDW). IT ALSO MAKES YOU LIABLE TO US FOR ALL PENALTIES, FINES, FORFEITURES, LIENS AND RECOVERY AND STORAGE COSTS, INCLUDING ALL RELATED ATTORNEYS' FEES, LEGAL EXPENSES, FEES AND COSTS THAT WE MAY INCUR. It is a violation of this Paragraph if any of the following occurs:
A. You use or permit the car to be used: 1) by anyone other than an authorized driver, as defined in paragraph 5; 2) to carry passengers or property for hire or more passengers than the car has seat belts to carry; 3) to tow or push anything; 4) to be operated in a test, race or contest or on unpaved roads; 5) while the driver is under the influence of alcohol, any controlled substance, including without limitation, any federally controlled substance listed under the Controlled Substance Act, Title 21 of the United States Code (a "Controlled Substance"), or medications that affect vehicle operation and/or constitute driving while impaired under applicable law; 6) for conduct that could be charged as a crime such as a felony or misdemeanor, including the transportation of a Controlled Substance or contraband, stolen goods, illegal devices, or persons protected by prohibitions against human trafficking; 7) recklessly or while overloaded; or 8) if the car is driven into Mexico 9) fail to promptly report to Silver Rental any damage to or loss of the car when it occurs or when you learn of it and provide us with a written accident/incident report or fail to cooperate with our investigation; 10) Where required by law, failed to report an accident to law enforcement; 11) obtained the car through fraud or misrepresentation; 12) leave the car and fail to remove the keys (or key fobs) or close and lock all doors, close all windows and the trunk and the car is stolen or vandalized; or 13) intentionally or with willful disregard cause or allow damage to the car. 14) You or an additional driver, whether authorized or not return the car after hours and the car is damaged, stolen or vandalized or you otherwise fail to take reasonable steps to secure the car, its keys, key fobs, or other remote entry and starting devices. 15) Driving or operating this car while using a hand-held wireless communication device or other device that is capable of receiving or transmitting telephonic communications, electronic data, mail or text messages shall be deemed a breach of the Rental Agreement.
15. Fuel Service Charge. At the time of rental, the vehicle will be supplied with a full tank of fuel. You acknowledge and agree you are responsible for returning the rental with a full tank of fuel. If you do not return the rental vehicle with a full tank of fuel, you will be charged the fuel service fee at our applicable price per gallon fee for each gallon of fuel that is needed to fill up the fuel tank to full. You acknowledge that the fuel service charge fee is not a retail sale of fuel.
a) You may avoid a fuel service charge if you return the car with the fuel tank as full as when you received it and, if requested by us, present a receipt for your fuel purchase. If you put fuel into the car, you must use the correct fuel (having the grade of gasoline stated on the car fuel information decal, or on-road diesel). Do not use ethanol fuel even if the car states that it is a flex-fuel vehicle.
16. Fines, Expenses, Costs and Administrative Fees. You’ll pay or reimburse us for all fines, penalties, interest, and court costs for parking, traffic, toll and other violations, including storage liens and charges incurred as a result of your rental. You will also pay a reasonable administrative fee with respect to any violation of the Rental Agreement, such as for repossessing or recovering the car for any reason. You agree we may, in our sole discretion, pay all tickets, citations, fines, penalties and interest on your behalf directly to the appropriate authority and you will pay us for what we paid to the appropriate authority or their designated agents plus a reasonable administrative fee and any attorneys' fees and expenses we incur. You agree and acknowledge that we cooperate with all federal, state/provincial, municipal and local officials charged with enforcing these infractions to provide any information necessary as they may request or may otherwise be required.
You authorize us to release the rental and credit/debit card information regarding your rental to our credit card processor and/or any other agent we authorize to act on our behalf for the purpose of processing and billing you for any tickets, citations, fines and penalties incurred by you or assessed against us or the car during your rental plus a reasonable administrative fee not to exceed $50 per violation. You authorize us, or our agent that we appoint to bill your credit/debit card directly that you used to rent the car. You authorize us or our agent to contact you directly regarding any tickets, citations, fines and penalties incurred by your or assessed against us or to our car while the car was rented to you.
In the event we use a third-party collection service or agent to resolve any tickets, citations, fines, penalties, and interest, you agree to pay all costs and collection fees including but not limited to administrative and legal costs to such agent upon demand without protest. You acknowledge that you have no right to contest any such infraction or enter any plea other than guilty or no contest unless we consent to your action, provided that the penalty for the infraction is only the payment of money and does not involve any other administrative, civil, or criminal penalty.
You agree to indemnify and hold us and any other agents we authorize harmless for any such tickets, citations, fines, penalties, interest and administrative fees.
17. Roadside Assistance. 24/7 Emergency Roadside assistance is available to all renters. This Roadside service offers to cover potential costs associated with towing to the nearest qualified service provider. Up to 100 miles of free towing (charges are based on a per mile rating that vary from state to state), battery service (jumpstart the battery and/or apply minor emergency mechanical adjustments while on the road), flat tire assistance (installation of the inflated spare; if there is no spare or if the spare is flat, the roadside service will tow the vehicle to the nearest qualified provider; no benefit is available for the cost of the tire repair or the second service call to return the repaired tire to the disabled vehicle), fuel and water delivery service (emergency supply of fuel or water will be delivered to the covered vehicle only paying for the cost of liquids, parts or materials delivered), winching with maximum benefit of $100 (extricate the covered vehicle from a ditch, snow, mud or sand; vehicle must be within 100 ft. of a state maintained road), and locksmith service with maximum benefit of $100 per incident (service provided when keys are lost, broken or accidentally locked in the vehicle; total cost of replacement keys or key fobs are not covered).
18. Liability Protection. Except with respect to rentals in California and Texas, anyone driving the car who is permitted to drive it per the Rental Agreement will be protected against liability for causing bodily injury or death to others or damaging the property of someone other than the authorized driver and/or the renter up to the minimum financial responsibility limits required by the law of the jurisdiction in which the accident occurs. The limit for bodily injury sustained by any one person includes any claim for loss of that person’s consortium or services. Where applicable law extends this protection to a non-Permitted Driver, the same limits will apply. Except where required by law to be primary or excess, any protection provided by us shall be secondary to, and not in excess of, any applicable insurance available to you, or any other driver, from any other source, whether primary, excess, secondary or contingent in any way. If this protection is extended by operation of law to anyone not permitted by the Rental Agreement to drive the car, or to any person or instance where coverage is not intended to be afforded by the Rental Agreement, the financial responsibility limits of the jurisdiction in which the accident occurred will apply.
You understand that, unless required by applicable law, we will not provide (a) coverage for fines, penalties, punitive or exemplary damages; (b) coverage for bodily injury to you, or your death while not a driver, or any member of your family or the driver’s family related by blood, marriage or adoption residing with you or them; or the drivers family, or to a fellow employee arising out of or in the course of employment; (c) defense against any claim, unless we are required to provide primary protection, but in such event not after the applicable limits of protection that we furnish are tendered; (d) supplementary no fault, noncompulsory uninsured or under-insured motorist coverage, and any other optional or rejectable coverage, and you and we reject all such coverages to the extent permitted by law. Where any of these coverages are required or implied by law, the limits will be the minimum required under the applicable statute. Where permitted by law, you are rejecting uninsured or underinsured motorist and all optional automobile insurance coverages and under any policy of insurance in connection with the Rental Agreement, for you and all other passengers in the car. You understand that uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage protects you and other passengers in a car for losses and damages suffered if injury is caused by the negligence of a driver who does not have any insurance or has insufficient insurance to pay for losses and damages. There is no coverage in Mexico, and the car may not be taken into Mexico under any circumstances.
19. Indemnification and Waiver. You shall defend, indemnify, and hold us, our parent and affiliated companies harmless from all losses, liabilities, damages, injuries, claims, demands, awards, costs, attorney fees, and other expenses incurred by us in any manner from this rental transaction or from the use of the car by you or any person, including claims of, or liabilities to, third parties. You may present a claim to your insurance carrier for such events or losses; but in any event, you shall have final responsibility to us for all such losses. YOU WAIVE ANY CLAIM AGAINST US FOR INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH THE RENTAL. You agree that if the rental takes place at a location operated by Silver Rental, any claim by you, including one that alleges unfair, deceptive or unconscionable conduct, your sole right and remedy is against Silver Rental and not any affiliated businesses.
20. Property in the Car. We are not responsible for loss of, theft, or damage to any property in or on the car, in any vehicle, on our premises, or received or handled by us, regardless of who is at fault. You’ll be responsible for claims by others for loss or damage caused by your property.
21. Currency Conversion. Silver Rental does not accept credit cards or charge cards that are issued by a financial institution outside of the United States. All charges billed will be calculated in US currency.
22. Error in Rental Charges. The charges shown on the return agreement are not final and are subject to review. You’ll pay any undercharges and you’ll receive a refund for any overcharges we discover on review.
23. Collections. If you do not pay all amounts due to us under the Rental Agreement upon demand, including all charges, fees, expenses, fines, penalties, and all matters associated with the rental of the car including, without limitation, payment for loss of or damage to the car, rental charges, parking, red light and traffic fines and penalties, toll charges, towing, storage and impoundment fees, we will take the following actions: a) You agree to pay a late charge of 1 & 1/2% per month on the past due balance or the highest rate permitted by applicable law, whichever is less (collectively, “Charges”). b) You agree to also pay for any costs that we incur in seeking to collect such Charges including, without limitation, court costs and attorney’s fees in addition to any administrative fees, cost of recovery, insufficient funds fees and collection fees (collectively, “Costs”). If the law permits, you authorize us and our collection agent, to contact you or your employer, at your place of business about the payment of any past due Charges or Costs. You also agree that we or our collection agent(s) may access the personal information that you provided to us in any effort to collect any Charges or Costs under this section and may use the address provided by you on the Rental Contract, or in any customer profile, as the place to send any demands or collection notices. c) In the event that you presented a credit card or debit card for payment, you understand that we may report such deficiency to an appropriate credit reporting agency and you also authorize us to share that credit and debit card information with third party collection agents and further authorize us or our collection agents to charge any amounts due to us including, but not limited to, the Charges and Costs referenced above, to that credit or debit card.
24. Arbitration. Pre-Dispute Resolution Procedure: Before asserting a claim in any proceeding (including, but not limited to, in an individual arbitration proceeding or in a small claims court proceeding), you and Silver Rental agree that each shall give the other party written notice of the claim to be asserted 30 days before initiating a proceeding and make a reasonably good faith effort to resolve the claim. If you intend to assert a claim against Silver Rental, you must send the written notice of the claim to Attention: Silver Rental, 1775 Highway 180 E, Silver City, NM 88061 Attn: Legal Department. If Silver Rental intends to assert a claim against you, we will send the written notice of the claim to you at your address appearing in our records. The parties may, but are under no obligation to, engage in privileged settlement negotiations during this 30 day period. NO SETTLEMENT DEMAND OR SETTLEMENT OFFER USED IN THIS PRE-DISPUTE RESOLUTION PROCESS MAY BE USED IN ANY PROCEEDING, INCLUDING AS EVIDENCE OR AS AN ADMISSION OF ANY LIABILITY OR DAMAGES (OR LACK THEREOF). Dispute Resolution: (Not applicable if mandatory arbitration is prohibited by law). Except as otherwise provided below, in the event of a dispute that cannot be resolved informally through the pre-dispute resolution procedure, all disputes between you and Silver Rental arising out of, relating to or in connection with your rental of a car from Silver Rental and the Rental Agreement shall be exclusively adjudicated by binding arbitration through the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) pursuant to the AAA’s then-current rules for commercial arbitration. There is an impartial arbitrator but no judge or jury in arbitration. Both parties waive the right to a jury trial. Arbitration procedures are simpler and more limited than rules applicable in court and review by a court is limited.
YOU AND SILVER RENTAL AGREE THAT ANY SUCH ARBITRATION SHALL BE CONDUCTED ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT IN A CLASS, CONSOLIDATED OR REPRESENTATIVE ARBITRATION PROCEEDING. Notwithstanding any provision in the Rental Agreement to the contrary, if the class action waiver in the prior sentence is deemed invalid or unenforceable, neither you nor we are entitled to pursue dispute resolution by binding arbitration. If you are an individual (instead of, for instance, a partnership, corporation, or other form of entity or non-natural person), in the event that (1) your claim is less than $10,000, and (2) you are able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to costs of litigation, Silver Rental will pay as much of your filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive as compared to the cost of litigation. This arbitration agreement is subject to the Federal Arbitration Act. The arbitrator’s award may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. Notwithstanding any provision in the Rental Agreement to the contrary, the parties agree that if Silver Rental seeks to delete or materially modify the agreement to arbitrate from this dispute resolution provision, any such deletion or material modification will not apply to any individual claim(s) of which you have already provided notice to Silver Rental. Disputes and claims that are within the scope of a small claims court’s authority, as well as disputes and claims regarding personal injury and/or damage to or loss of a car related to your rental, are exempt from the foregoing dispute resolution provision.
25. Communication Services and Satellite Radio. You acknowledge that the car may be equipped with a communication service (such as OnStar or a similar service) (a "Communication System"), that provides emergency notification, navigation, diagnostics, tracking and other services, and a receiver for receiving audio signals from subscription satellite radio services to which Silver Rental may subscribe ("Satellite Radio"). You expressly authorize all of those services. You acknowledge that you understand that a Communication System, such as OnStar, requires the car’s electrical system and equipment, cellular service and satellite technologies to be available and operating to function properly. Not all services offered by the Communication System provider are available on all cars. The Communication System acts as a link to existing emergency and other service providers. Services are limited by, and neither the Communication System provider nor Silver Rental is liable for, conditions or services outside their control. Any information (e.g. navigational route support) provided through a Communication System is on an “as is” basis. The Communication System provider (including OnStar), its service providers and Silver Rental will not be liable to you or any user of the Communication System in connection with the use of such information. You understand and agree that the Communication System provider may provide us and/or law enforcement with all necessary information to enable us and/or law enforcement to locate the car, if you fail to return the car when and where required under the Rental Agreement. You agree to release and hold us, and the Communication System providers, harmless for any Communication System failures. You also agree to limit claims against the Communication System provider for damages for any losses under any theory to the pro rata portion of the rate for use of the car for one day. If your rental car has active Communication System equipment, you understand that your use of the car is subject to the terms and conditions of the Communication System provider, including system and service limitations, warranty exclusions, limitations of liability, wireless service provider terms, privacy practices relating to the Communication System provider's collection, use and sharing of information about you and the car, and the application of other relevant provisions including responsibilities you have when using the Communication System. You should review the Communication System provider's website for details regarding their Terms and Conditions and Privacy Statement. Details regarding the OnStar Terms and Conditions and Privacy Statement are available at OnStar.com. By proceeding to rent the car and sign this contract, you authorize the provision of the Communication System in accordance with and agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions and Privacy Statement of the Communication System provider. Not every car is equipped with a Communication System and/or Satellite Radio. Some cars in our fleet may have a Communication System and/or Satellite Radio equipment, however, such equipment may not be active. We may charge separately for access to Satellite Radio as an optional accessory on the Rental Contract and the Rental Receipt. We may establish an access code for Satellite Radio or program the car not to give you access to Satellite Radio unless you have reserved that option in advance. If we provide you access to Satellite Radio based on your advance reservation, you will be charged for access whether or not you use this option. Unless you are advised that you have a car with a Communication System and/or Satellite Radio, you will not have access to the systems and you should not rely upon them or take steps to activate them. Renters shall not activate any service and in the event that a renter does activate a service in violation of this provision, the renter agrees to be completely responsible for the annual subscription and/or cancellation fees(s) for that service.
27. Use of GPS Tracking Devices. We may use GPS tracking devices to track or locate cars which may be late for their scheduled return, reported stolen, suspected of being lost, stolen, or abandoned or as may be required or requested by law enforcement, or to identify cars which have been damaged and may require roadside assistance, when we have a good faith belief that there is an emergency that poses a threat to your safety or the safety of another person, or as necessary to defend, protect or enforce our rights in connection with the use of our products and/or services. You acknowledge you have no expectation of privacy or confidentiality as to the places where the car is driven while rented to you.
28. Cooperation. You agree to cooperate and coordinate with Silver Rental generally and to take any actions Silver Rental reasonably requests in connection with (i) this Rental Agreement, (ii) your use and return of the car, and (iii) any disputes, actions, proceedings, suits, and/or invest